ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - SPONSORED RESEARCH PROGRAMS
The Assistant Director, Sponsored Research Programs will provide direct oversight and operational leadership for the Office of Sponsored Research Programs, including direct supervision of Managers, Sponsored Projects and Financial Analysts. In addition, the incumbent will support pre-award and post-award activities and financial management for sponsored projects funded by federal and state agencies, foundations, and other public and private sources, and ensure compliance with applicable regulations and sponsor requirements.
- Provide direction, mentoring, training, and professional development opportunities to Managers, Sponsored Projects and Financial Analysts.
- Oversee grants administration for all sponsored projects related to research with the goal of maintaining the highest level of internal customer satisfaction and ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and sponsor requirements.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance and workload of teams, individuals, and operations to ensure staff are trained properly, business operations are continuously improving, departmental capabilities are evolving, overarching objectives are achieved, and risk is mitigated.
- Serve as liaison with internal departments including Training Administration, Finance, and Human Resources.
- Mediate faculty concerns as they directly relate to work performance of Manager, Sponsored Projects staff.
- Oversee preparation, review, and presentation of fiscal year grant-related budgets for all research departments.
- Prepare pre-and post-award data reports and/or other financial and technical reports.
- Liaise with external universities and partners including, but not limited to, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Relevant certification such as Certified Administrator® (CRA®) preferred.
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration or Management required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Management may be substituted for up to 5 years of the required experience.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Health Administration (MHA), or related Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of sponsored research experience in a supervisory or leadership role at an academic health center, university, or government agency required, to include:
- Direct experience with pre-award and post-award grant management.
- Experience with the negotiation and acceptance of contracts and grants for sponsored projects, including subawards.
- Direct experience interpreting sponsor guidelines and regulations, including National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Science Foundation (NSF), and other major agencies.
- Direct experience with evaluating and optimizing systems, processes, procedures, and people.
Kennedy Krieger Institute offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement, free parking and childcare subsidies! In addition, we offer rich professional development opportunities.
Learn more and apply now at: https://bit.ly/3VOOPvD
An equal opportunity employer